Meet Dr. Fred Alba
I feel privileged to be able to be a member of such a wonderful profession. We are regularly rewarded by being able to give patients the gift of a healthy, beautiful, and confident smile. This is the basis for our byline, -Creating Smiles That Change Lives. I truly feel that the smiles we create are more than beautiful; they are life changing. Making patients feel good about themselves has a tremendously positive influence on their entire life. I feel very fortunate to have gotten to know so many wonderful, unique people and I continue to learn from them on a day-to-day basis.
- Bachelors Degree University of Pennsylvania, Magna Cum Laude
- Doctor of Dental Medicine University of Pennsylvania
- General Practice Residency Bethesda Naval Hospital
- Orthodontic Certificate University of Buffalo
- Board Certified by The American Board of Orthodontics
- Premier Preferred Invisalign Provider
I am continuously involved in updating my knowledge and techniques through continuing education courses and have recently completed courses updating me on diagnostic and treatment planning, orthodontic lasers, Damon® System, and Invisalign®. I am scheduled to attend numerous continuing education courses this year and next year.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Middle Atlantic Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Past President, Harrisburg Area Dental Society
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
Outside the Office
I have been a resident of Mechanicsburg for 25 years and live there with my wife, Kathy. We have two sons, Jeffrey and Gregory, a dog, Corky, and two cats, Arthur and Ace. I am an avid cyclist, enjoy golfing when I get a chance, and play the guitar from time to time. My wife and I support our local community through the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, the United Way, our local church, and many others. I have also done a number of bike rides to benefit various organizations.